HIRESOL urethane thickener is mainly used for pure-acrylic binder paint and is applicable for the thickening of water-based paints that have a similar flow to solvent-based paints. HIRESOL is especially useful for the design of gloss, semi-gloss and sheen paints, though it can also be used to improve the flow and leveling properties of styrene-acrylic binder based-paints. HIRESOL's features are as follows:
- It allows for the design of paints with excellent flow and leveling.
- It allows for the design of paints without odor or VOCs.
- Promotes less change in viscosity and zero syneresis in long-term storage.
- Delivers paint with less splattering and better hiding when paint is applied with a roller.
- Compared with cellulose derived thickeners, HIRESOL shows better resistance against microbes and enzymes.
- Paints thickened with HIRESOL thickener show lower viscosity, are easier to handle, and produce less foam.